Wow! Big thanks to Judy Kilmister for sharing the recipe for this delicious snack.
The recipe originally comes from The Comfort Of Cooking. so be sure to check out their site for more great recipes.
Yields: About 15 Cucumber Cups
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 vine ripe tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/8 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/8 cup fresh feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon plus 1/2 tablespoon zest
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the onion, bell pepper, tomato, olives, oregano, feta, parsley, lemon juice and zest, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Peel the cucumbers partially, leaving thin strips of skin going down the entire length of the cucumber. Trim the ends of the cucumbers and cut each cucumber into 1-inch thick slices. Scoop out the center of each slice with a melon baller, leaving a shell of flesh.
Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the Mediterranean salad into the cucumber cups. Garnish with additional parsley and feta, if desired.
Adapted from Rachael Ray