Check it out: Lisa gives a little walk-through of our operation, shows you how we do our thing and answers some of our most frequently asked questions. Hope you like it!
Archive for June, 2012
…apparently eating fresh vegetables is good for you. (kidding)
Of course it’s good for you, I just got a good laugh when I saw this:
You know how to make these already, right? If not, it’s super simple and tonight is a PERFECT night to try it…for sure it’s too hot to cook indoors tonight, right?
What you need:
Olive Oil or Butter
Veggies of your choice (below we used asparagus and zucchini in one and potatoes with garlic scapes in the other)
- Preheat grill to medium-hot
- Tear off squares of foil around 12″ x 12″ or so…
- Rub the oil or butter all over the inside (that’s the shinier side)
- Place the veggies in the middle
- If you feel like, add a bit more oil/butter plus some salt and pepper
- Fold into a package and then double or triple fold the seams
- Optional: poke steam holes with a fork in the bundles…or just let ‘em puff up when they cook.
- Cooking time varies depending on which veggies you use…potatoes take longer so you may want to slice them.
- Once cooked, remove from grill and CAREFULLY open the bundles (a lot of heat will want to rush out…don’t get burned)
For those of you who have been following along, perhaps you remember this post from a while back about the pineapple Christopher has been growing in the greenhouse. Well, have a look at the size of it today; looking good Chris…looks like she’ll be ready to eat soon?